9th ASEM Workshop: “Advanced Electron Microscopy”
April 25th and April 26th 2019
The annually held ASEM workshop provides an open forum for discussion among young and experienced electron microscopists in Austria. Researchers from academia and industry across all career levels are welcome to contribute in their fields of expertise (e.g. life sciences, materials science, physics, chemistry); we especially want to encourage students and young scientists to actively participate.
This year, apart from oral contributions, for a lively scientific exchange we would also like to encourage advanced researchers to share their in-depth knowledge during the poster session in depicting the manifold aspects of electron microscopy to our young scientists.
- The workshop will start at 13:00 on Thursday (registration 12:00) and end in the afternoon on Friday (approx. 15:30). The venue is at the BMT Lecture Hall at Graz University of Technology, Stremayrgasse 16, 8010 Graz.
- The conference language will be English.
- You may contribute in giving talks (12 min. + 3 min. discussion) or presenting posters.
- Thanks to the support of our sponsors, the workshop is free of charge for all ASEM members.
- Student ASEM members can apply for reimbursement of travel costs and one night’s accommodation.
- We warmly invite the upcoming winners of the Fritz-Grasenick-Award 2018 to give an extended talk (25 + 5 min. each).
- The attached .pdf file includes accommodation and travel information.
Registration and Abstract submission
- Registration and abstract submission is now open. Please fill out the web form https://goo.gl/forms/1GWOpjj22dy8Phyp1 for registration.
- Please use the abstract template for presentation contributions and send your abstract as .doc, .docx or .odt file to email@example.com.
- The deadline for registration and abstract submission is Friday 29th of March 2019.
Further updates and a more detailed program will be posted here and at the ASEM website: https://asem.at/events/9th-asem-workshop/